I spent another 9 hours laboring on the bear rug over the last 7 days (if not for holiday wrapping and cookie baking, it probably would have been more). This project is all mental – I started trying to trick my brain this week by making little circles and coves to fill in slowly. Breaking the bigger areas into manageable sections seems more rewarding than sitting and doing a long strand from bear-nose-to-bear-tail.
The good news: my fingers are getting more used to this so I’m less grumpy than last week at this time. I’m also getting better at the latch hooking movements. Faster.
The bad news: Each batch of fabric I dye is a little bit different. Still haven’t figured out how to even it out when I’m done, but I’m not worried about it yet.
I’ve tallied 21.5 total hours latch hooking on this project (not counting a few more hours for dying and cutting 8 yards of fabric to date).
If you missed the start of this crazy project, catch up here, and review my first week’s progress here.
Update: Fast forward yourself 2 weeks and see the finished rug here.