I’m in the process of wrapping up a few Halloween-themed projects for DIY Network’s blog (and getting side-eyed glances from the neighbors, not all of whom approach to ask what the hell I’m doing with all of those tombstones) and it occurred to me that I forgot to show you one of my latest projects: A modern dog house designed to match our new treehouse.
Cody’s stoked, and though I totally suspected he wouldn’t want to get near it after witnessing me wailing away with a pneumatic framing nailer (scarier than the vacuum?), he actually curled up right inside even before I was done staining. Homey, happily.
For what it’s worth, we have a big dog, so the dog’s house is pretty large too, and when Codeman’s not snoozing, the kids have taken to using it as an annex to their big, new playset. Could we have gotten away with building them a dog house in a day instead of spending our entire summer raising the treehouse? Ergh, maybe.
For the dog lovers lurking out there, I also wrote a few more pet posts that might interest you: health and safety tips for your pet and awesome dog water toys (both of those are worth keeping in your back pocket for next summer), and the most extreme dog toys I could find.
But wait, there’s more. Read other DIY Network posts that I wrote for Made + Remade right here:
- I interviewed Blair Stocker of Wise Craft and showcased a few of my favorite projects from her book (inspiration ensued).
- It’s kitchen cabinet painting time. If you missed it before, I posted a bunch of photoshopped cabinetry ideas to help us decide on color. More recently, I learned up on Alkyd paints, and gave a little nod to some apps and tools used for matching paint colors. Today, there’s a mad sale at Sherwin-Williams, so I’m stocking up and getting started.
- You guys, clean your dishwasher and clean your washing machine. Cleaning the clean-centers doesn’t really make sense, I know, but just do it.
- You don’t need one of those fancy vinyl cutting machines to make your own t-shirt graphics.
- Small bathroom? Here are 10 tips for making it more functional.
- I get crafty and make a colorful hanging planter out of rope and embroidery thread. Immediately regretted not making a bunch, in varying lengths for an indoor display using white rope and gold thread (so it’s on my to-do list – if you do it, send me a picture).