I really feel like I’ve kicked the year off in a good way, and somehow it’s half over! For months now, I have been researching the costs for bigger impending projects (bathroom, kitchen, new patio), working my butt off to save for said projects, and continuing to take on wonderful and fun collaborations that excite and challenge. I’m in the middle of some greatness for DIY Network, even finalizing my to-do list that will take me through the end of the year, but I’ve gotten a LOT done over the last few months, and I’m overdue at recapping it for you guys:
As I mentioned a few months ago, the launch of the new DIYNetwork.com brought upon other opportunities, one of which being the chance to provide content for the main website in addition to its blog. I showed you how I built a PVC bean trellis; I just love that thing, and now those plants are now as tall as I am!
Other DIYNetwork.com projects that have been keeping me on my toes:
How to make an herb planter out of an old log (a fan favorite, if you were surveying my family)
How to wax a wooden table that is going to sit outside in the weather. The plan is to keep one of our wedding tables outdoors for summertime dining.
Serious window prep. My mom is almost constantly in a state of scraping and painting the exterior of my childhood home, working in circles around it as different walls need to be re-painted, and different windows need trim work. We have vinyl siding which requires substantially less maintenance (just pressure washing, really), but I’ve been channeling her motivation as I work to prep the windows on the back of our home for much due maintenance. Painting is next on my list!
DIY Pinwheels that will last through wind and rain, and how to decorate a shelving unit using tissue paper (more fan favorites, children’s category)
And all of the Made + Remade reads written by me… to get you through your day:
- Stroller cup holder hack. Why would a stroller manufacturer ever omit cup holders?
- 20+ gardening and landscaping projects and tips. (and links to so many products that’ll make your life easier)
- How to install a giant mirror. (This is the one in my new “walk in” closet)
- A long list of well-designed coat hooks, and photos of the fun moose in my entryway. Also in the entryway, a beautiful, maple hardwood countertop!
- A modern, clean-lined bird feeder made from bowls.
- I interviewed Gabe Johnson! Have you watched Made From America on GAC yet?
- Cut a rug, do a jig, you know the drill.
- I’m hoping to gradually fill most of our front garden beds with lush groundcover, so the transplanting has commenced.
- 20+ tips for selling your home. So glad that’s over!
- Tips for edging everything, and other curb appeal ideas to kickstart your motivation. The sidewalks are looking spiff.
- My take on DIY powdered laundry detergent with a low-sudsing formula that’s safe for our septic system and high-efficiency machine. And it is literally my new favorite detergent for cleaning cloth diapers.
- DIY stain spray too. Spilled mocha down my shirt at the mall on Sunday, should be a good test.
- The importance of cleaning your dryer vent, and the tool that makes the process super easy and efficient.
- DIY laundry bag (doubling as a way to haul all of the stuffed animals through the house in one trip)
- Could there be anything better than a sprinkler on a hot, humid day? Nope. Here’s a round-up of watering products that you’ll like for landscaping, gardening, and playtime.
- Wishing I had taken more before photos of our trees and landscape before we pruned everything!