Not to brag, but I’m about 72% done with my holiday shopping and feeling pretty good about it. We bailed on the brick and mortar Black Friday shenanigans this year in favor of online browsing, and some of the deals have been just too good to pass up. Less time standing in store lines = more time to scour the ‘hood with the kids on a mission to find the most realistic Santa.
Anyways, the online shopping stuff. In addition to ordering our custom holiday cards, we’ve hand selected a few special things for our people this year, and I thought you might enjoy seeing a round-up of some of them (and other things I really liked too). Minted sponsored this post and allowed me to incorporate affiliate links, but the items I’m choosing to feature are my own, and many of which are things I actually bought. Happy shopping!
On the low end, $:
- I really liked the colorful and whimsical stationary options for myself, but especially loved the designs targeted for kids and tweens. So cute! And happy. So much easier to get kids to scribe handwritten notes on fun paper. (Similarly, the notebooks, thank you notes, journals are all fun small gift ideas for kids, adults, teachers, bosses, etc.) The science lab stationary note paper that I customized for Julia came with envelopes, and I know she’ll appreciate having something that’s all for her.
- Custom clothing and name labels are great too – and I love gifts with purpose: These things stick to anything (jackets, backpacks, water bottles, foreheads). They withstand the washing machine, dishwasher, and are nice to have when you have items stored at daycare or camp. Minted has a LOT of design options for kids of all ages. The rainbow design I selected for our daughter, below, is by artist Shirley Lin Schneider.
In the middle, $$:
Man, I really love prints from Minted. At Minted you can find items in a broad range of cost and style. The size of your print is the main factor dictating the range in cost. The variety of independent artists featured means something suitable for everyone, but since it’s the holiday season and you’re probably searching for something just a little more personalized, I’m going to suggest you browse the section of the site dedicated to completely customized artwork.
From letterpress location maps created in a range of colors, to custom silhouettes created from your own photographs you can create your own art for Dad, Grandma, etc. You can buy the prints, or order it with a frame. My pick below? It’s a custom print from Sam’s 1-week photoshoot applied to the Circle Dots Art Print.
Worth the splurge, $$$:
- I might admit, with a bit of patience I could probably make something sort of like The Little Artist Shelf™, but for the cost and quality buying it would be a nice indulgence.
- The Artful Shelf™ made of copper is really beautiful too, artistic in its own right. It’s something I definitely wouldn’t be able to construct myself, and I like that it (like all shelves) can be ordered in a variety of lengths.
- Don’t tell the kids, but this teepee is going to be a gift to all three of them on Christmas morning. I had 30 minutes free earlier this week and assembled it lickity-split just to show you what it looked like. Kind of bummed that I had to take it down immediately before they got home from running errands, and looking forward to setting it back up for Christmas morning. They’re going to dig it, and I bet your kids will too. It’s SO TALL compared to a lot of the other play teepees I’ve seen sold (well over my own head), and while I picked one of the designs where the fabric options were pre-selected, you can also choose your own fabric options.