I can’t say it enough, it has been a total pleasure collaborating with the team at Scripps Networks for DIYNetwork.com and its blog Made + Remade over the last 3.5 years – I know, it’s been that long, see how young I looked ;). I’ve always encouraged you to check out the additional content that I publish over there, but today, on top of that, I want to introduce you to the new DIYNetwork.com. Shiny, like a fresh coat of gloss white, and savvy and slick like you wish all websites could be. Visit it today, and get lost in some really cool stuff.
My biggest project of late involved organizing and reconfiguring my own bedroom closet – a simple process of gutting and restructuring that made a bigger impact than I could have imagined. Everyone’s closets are a bit different, but I think you’ll find some inspiration through this process. Read through my initial thoughts and plans for the closet makeover to gain insight into why I was spending time and effort on a 10 sq. ft. space, and then check out the post outlining how I did it, and see the final reveal. Hi!
The redesign of our main entryway was another project that I think you’ll enjoy. The space was modest, but a “blank slate” in the true sense of the term. It demanded wall repairs. Paint (including painting the radiators). I installed an adhesive wallpaper with amazing results, and then refinished vintage metal kitchen cabinets, and paired them (upside down) to create a floating sideboard fit to store winter hats and gloves within kid reach. Bolt on some custom leather handles, and I now I have myself something I can really be thrilled to have in our home.
I still have a few finishing details to take care of in here (sometimes hooks take a long time to arrive in the mail, and I’m working on a custom countertop to make the two cabinets look more seamless). Till then, enjoy this:
Other posts I wrote that you may enjoy:
- What’s your favorite tool? (No, what’s MY favorite tool.)
- Some explanation surrounding my website’s new logo
- Easy disinfecting spray for your workout routine
- Area rug > Yoga mat bag
- The snow melted this week, therefore it’s time to get the holiday lights down – tips for orderly lighting storage here
- Electrical cord organization, too
- Organize your ribbons, and love yourself for it
- I will always love Sugru, and you should too
- Selecting a smart lockset. Seriously, the smarest
- Easy candlestick holders (a creative upcycle)
- Making those hardwood floors shiny-shine
- Evidence that my home smells like dog
- Springtime lawn and garden maintenance tips (and a giant, irresistible oil pastel rainbow)