I’ve been spending an inordinate amount of time on a few big projects: Renting out our current house (comes with the joy of city permits, inspections, and repairs), finalizing the details of our new mortgage (I’ll fill you in when I can confidently share details about the progress we’ve made), and trying to get in a new groove for DIY Network’s blog Made + Remade.
There’s actually quite a bit of cool new content to browse over there; these etched oil and vinegar bottles turned out so well, and would look great in my own home, and this tequila bottle turned hummingbird feeder would be a great accent to our backyard. (You haven’t lived if you haven’t enjoyed watching the hummingbirds feed in your own yard, pure joy.)
If you’re looking for more of my writing and projects, you can see it for yourself in these posts. New tools, new toys, and new home decor accents means a little something for everyone!
- How to make your own bud vases. Inspired greatly by my love of small vases on windowsills and on our office desk where space is limited.
- Personalized wedding gift ideas. Ideas pulled straight from wedding gifts we received ourselves! Our friends and family are so thoughtful.
- What plants to grow in your shady landscape? I thought for a long time that we were out of luck in this department, but I’m trying hard to learn more about gardening options and finding that there are plenty of beautiful–even flowering–options for shady gardens.
- Using our brand new pressure washer! Best toy ever, no question. Want to come over and pressure wash everything with me?
- Getting my safe on with brand new respirators. You could probably stand to breathe safer too.