I planned to make a few different wreaths this holiday season using the same plain vine wreath. I gave myself budget, and I was perfectly fine creating and disassembling wreath after wreath for the sake of experimentation. The first one that I made involved some fake snowballs, and stayed on my front door for about 1.5 weeks before I was inspired to start the next one. A beautiful tree filled with lovely red berries became the perfect inspiration for the second wreath – I snagged a few branches, figuring a couple low-hanging ones wouldn’t be missed.
Once the existing wreath had been cleared of pine garland and snowballs, I wove the berry branches into the vines (probably would have been easier and more secure if I had some florist wire, but I didn’t use any). I kept the branches to one half of the wreath to create some asymmetry intentionally, and once it was done I decided I liked it best with the berries along the top/right edge. Seeking some additional adornment, I found directions on how to make your own paper ribbon at How About Orange (nice blog, DIY’ers). I used some plain brown wrapping paper, and following the directions as they outlined, I made a bow. OK, mine wasn’t as carefully measured out but it still worked, and it would probably look great if it was made out of newspaper, magazines, or gift wrapping paper.
Maybe one or two more to come! Awaiting inspiration.